Friday 11 July 2014

The summer has begun!

I survived GCSEs, another school year is over and, yes, the summer holidays have begun! 

Gosh, I just checked, and realised that I haven't posted since February! Seriously, since then it has been one crazily fast downwards rollercoaster ride towards GCSE exams - first the frantic flurry to finish covering exam syllabuses in class, then the frenzied revision period (that is, the period when you wish/hope that your brain is a sponge and attempt to mentally absorb everything you have learned over the past three years in twelve different subjects in such a way that all useful information will NOT desert you later on in your moment of need), and THEN the exam papers themselves (where you scribble frantically, eat lots of chocolate and try not to run out of time)! And I survived! 6 weeks (although, admittedly, there were no exams during the half-term week in the middle), 12 GCSEs, 24 exam papers (!!), and who knows how many hours of revision?!...but I made it through! :D Just have to wait until the end of August for those results...

The pile of stuff I never have to look at again!
To the right, you can see the pile of folders which I have gleefully thrust towards my sister (who will be doing her GCSEs next year)! Quite frankly, I can hardly believe that there was enough room in my brain to absorb all of that information...  

I also amassed rather an impressive collection of past papers and random scribblings that I have thrown ceremoniously into the recycling bin (some of my friends had bonfires to burn their school books and revision notes, but I took the green way because I AM AN ECO WARRIOR!!)

Nevertheless, this is boring stuff. In other, MUCH MORE EXCITING NEWS...

Wait for it...

I AM GOING TO YALC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEPPP!!! 

Every time I think about it, I get even more excited!!!!!! Sadly, I can't go tomorrow (Saturday) but I will be there on Sunday, and I. CAN'T. WAIT.

It's going to be a fantabulously bookish way to begin the summer!


Are any of you going to be at YALC?? Let me know in the comments if you're going! And here's to a great summer, everyone! :D





6 comments:

  1. I THINK I WANT TO MURDER YOU CATHERINE EVERYONE IS GOING TO YALC EXCEPT ME AND I AM SICK OF IT LEAVE YOU PEASANT. JUST. LEAVE.
    In other news, OMG WE ARE BOTH GCSE SURVIVORS! wHAT ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO FOR A LEVEL and also YOUR BACK and I HAD MORE FILES/BOOKS THAN YOU :P
    p.s again. i hate you. I WISH I COULD COME TO YALC. :'(((((((((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I wish you could have been at YALC too :'( :'(
      OMG, even more files/books?!! Wowzers :O
      I'm gonna be doing English, Spanish, Maths and Physics for AS! :)

      Delete
  2. Was so great to meet you, Catherine! I hope you have a wonderful, bookish summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely to meet you too!! Hope you have a great summer as well! :D

      Delete
  3. YAY FOR YOUR SURVIVAL!

    Ack, why didn't I meet you at YALC?! *cries*

    ReplyDelete

Hiya there! Thanks for dropping by The Book Parade!

***N.B. This is now an award-free zone. I'm honoured if you consider me, but people taking the time to read my posts and comment is the most valuable award I could receive. Thanks! :D